Phynova has announced its functional food ingredient, Reducose®, has been named as an official regional partner of Liverpool FC in China.
Reducose®, which is used to support healthy blood glucose levels, will use the partnership to increase its brand awareness in China.
The functional food ingredient, which is now available to consumers in China, is a vegetarian product made of a water extract of Mulberry leaves. Mulberry leaves were first grown in China thousands of years ago as the exclusive food source for silkworms before the discovery of its health benefits.
Reducose® will benefit from Liverpool FC’s reach through its social media and digital marketing channels, alongside other promotional in market activity involving LFC legends.
Billy Hogan, Managing Director and Chief Commercial Officer, Liverpool FC said: “It’s a pleasure to welcome Reducose® to the LFC family and we are looking forward to working collaboratively in China.”
“The Club has almost 100 million followers in China and one of the most influential football WeChat accounts, with over 520,000 monthly reads and an estimated 40% of followers engaging with every post. With such a strong presence, we can deliver exciting content with Reducose to engage with our fans in this region.”
Robert Miller, CEO and founder of Phynova said: “Reducose® is the result of ten years of development work involving several human clinical studies, patent filings and regulatory approvals. We are delighted to make this natural solution available to consumers in China.
“We are very excited to partner with Liverpool FC and utilise their strong reach in China to build brand awareness of Reducose® in the region.”
For more information contact:
Liverpool FC PR Office
Tel: +44 151 432 5686, Email: [email protected]
Notes to Editors:
Liverpool Football Club
- Founded in 1892, Liverpool FC is one of the world’s most historic and famous football clubs, having won 18 League Titles, seven FA Cups, eight League Cups, five European Cups, three UEFA Cups, three European Super Cups and 15 Charity Shields
- As a socially responsible Club, Liverpool FC is proud of its heritage and plays a proactive role in its communities through its official charity, Liverpool FC Foundation. By delivering a range of award-winning programmes, the Foundation motivates and inspires children and adults, both at home and overseas, using football and the power of the Liverpool FC badge. Its contribution has been recognised by the award of a Community Mark from Business In The Community
- Liverpool FC is a global brand and works with leading edge commercial partners around the world providing unparalleled commercial opportunities
Reducose® by Phynova
- Phynova is a British life science company founded in 2002 in Oxford, UK, with a subsidiary research company -Botanic Century- located in Beijing, China
- Phynova’s product development engine converts plants with a rich history of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) into global health products validated by science and protected by intellectual property.
- Reducose® is a patented water-extract of mulberry leaves, known for centuries in TCM for its health benefits. The safety of Reducose® has been extensively researched.
- Reducose® can be added as a functional ingredient to foods and beverages in China and Phynova is delighted to announce that Reducose® is now also available to Chinese consumers as a GMP produced, vegetarian dietary supplement sold via cross-border e-commerce.